I don't know what frightens me more; The fact that government has decided to pour billions of our hard earned dollars to prop up obviously unsuccessful buisness models OR the fact that had they not thrown them a rescue line that we probably would have seen immeasureable effects in the North American economy. This bailout still does not even ensure that we will not see these companies collapse. And here's why.
But I do know what really burns my ass! Unions and everything about them. Unions are one half of a two part cause to this whole problem. The other half, of course, is the boneheaded management at the Big Three that ever agreed to the outrageous union demands in the first place.
Unions are the SOLE reason why these companies (and many other companies - see Air Canada, Canada Post etc...) cannot be profitable. And, almost predictably, they have already had the gall to come out and say that they are not willing to make any concessions to ensure that these companies can profit long term. I honestly think they've been drinking their own Kool-Aid. They are completely unable to see thay, and their incessant demands are one of the biggest, if not THE ONLY reason these companies are in trouble.
Just like Canada Post and their current strike over...wait for it.... the right to accumulate sick days and have any unused sick days roll over into the next year. HA! Try that in the private sectors you bunch of ignorant dickheads! They claim that they are entitled to 1.5 sick days per month, and if unused they should keep adding up every year. I don't know what planet they live on, but i know I have had exactly one, 1, UNO, sick day in the last three years and that my company would tell me where to shove my 1.5 days per month (retroactively) if I went and demanded they be given to me. They seem to forget that today is the electronic age and people that walk around dropping paper into peoples mailboxes are going to be extinct soon enough - let alone deserve $45 per hour to do it.
While part of me worries what the Big Three collapsing will do the economy, the other part of me says let them fail just to see the fricken unions break. They spend so much time worrying about their demands for extra lunch breaks and shift differentials and pensions and dissability that they don't see at the end of the day they will all lose their jobs. I say screw them all and let the fallout from the collapse of the BIG THREE put all other unions on notice that their days are numbered.
2 comments:
DC,
I think that it is time to start up again. THere has to be some stuff that has come up over the past year that you can blog about. It is time bro!!
Way ahead of you Matt. I'm workin' on it. Stay tuned.
Post a Comment