This first post officially marks my debut in cyberspace and is likely going to elicit cheers from some and moans from others.
First a bit about the blog name. Julie's first reaction to the title was one of worry as she thought it represented a desperate cry for help to free me from the deserted island that is my life. While I was half wanting to play along and see how long it took her to sign me up for counselling, I assured her that was not the reason behind the blog name.
The inspiration for the blog name was really to serve as an imaginary place where I can let my brain run around free as a bird. I always wondered when I was younger what I would actually do if I found myself on the wrong end of a three hour tour and ended up stranded with a bunch of people a-la Gilligan's Island. Time and time again I would always come to the same conclusion of what I would have to do to keep myself busy and keep from going insane. After daydreaming about a little Mary-Ann and Ginger action or helping the professor build a radio out of a coconut the only thing left to do would be talk about all kinds of crazy shit with the other people you were there with. And that folks, is exactly what I am hoping to do here.
Though I definately consider myself an expert at surfing the world wide web, I am defiately no expert at creating the crap that I usually like to surf on. So bear with me as I work to dress the place up a bit and make it more my own. Those of you (ahem Alex), that are more skilled in the ways of HTML are definately welcome to give me some pointers - consider it a house warming gift. I hope to post as often as possible, though I know that will be hard to do as life and the summer start to get in the way.
I haven't really put any significant thought behind some of the things I want to throw out here for discussion as I am hoping that it will sort of come to me. I do know that the discussions I will throw out here are likely to be all over the map. Some of them taboo, some of them definately politically incorrect, some of them just plain crazy, but all of them hopefully will bring a laugh to your day or make you scratch your head a few extra times in the morning and maybe, just maybe, will give you all a peek at the man behind the legend.
So stick around, grab a beer, or more appropriately, a coconut filled with pina colada and join in the coversation. Afterall, we are going to be here for a looooooong time.
DC
May 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
OH YEA baby.. finally, geez. Really.. what took you so freakin long? I just started a 31in31 campaign on my blog so I'm hoping to use some of your crap to build on some of my crap.
Anyway, welcome to "male journaling". ;-) I hope you don't join the 99% of other bloggers that decide to leave after two or three posts.. STICK WITH IT!
I'll post a link on my site to get you some traffic, and you'll also be the topic of tomorrow's post ;-)
Did you get me some cigars?
Welcome DC! Glad to have another distraction in my morning routine. Think of me as your faithful Mary-Ann sidekick (minus the inappropriate fantasies). I've always wished I was the Ginger-type but alas...sometimes you have to face reality. So I'm looking forward to all this "crap" you speak of. And speaking of Pina Coladas, I think I'll stick with Margaritas - I've got some bad memories.....:)
MMmmmm Margs..
Tequila is SOOO under-rated.
Post a Comment