May 31, 2008

Useless Supergadget of the Week Volume 1



Welcome to what I hope I can turn into a regular feature of this blog. What I have dubbed The Useless Supergadget of the week. What I hope will qualify for such a dubious distinction will be those things, that while completely un-necessary, would be totally cool to have.




The thought for this series hit me while hurtling through the upper stratosphere at 700 MPH. There is no other place on earth that you will find more advertising for useless, yet incredibly cool stuff than in the SkyMall catalog. So to set the standard for week one, this weeks nominee is none other than the:




Towel-Matic:


Because pulling paper towels off a roll with your hands is so 1980's.
Here is the product description straight out of the catalog:

Dispense paper towels with a wave of your hand!

No more wasted paper towels! The Towel-Matic's sensor-activated control dispenses one sheet, two sheets, or the new half sheet with just a wave of your hand. It never unravels. Built-in optical sensor automatically identifies the perforations on the towel and stops right at the line every time.
One-handed operation guarantees perfect tearing and helps prevent the spread of germs. Designed for tabletop, wall mount or under-cabinet mount.
Requires 4 D batteries (not included).
So there you have it. I will be regularly keeping my eyes open for stuff like this, but also welcome my readers to submit their suggestions to me.



2 comments:

Alex said...

That's an awesome feature topic DC, and I already have a towelmatic on order. I mean, how cool is that?

Miss said...

I look forward to the items on your list of upcoming blogs!